with folded arms you occupied the bench like toothache, stood and puffed your chest out like you'd never lost a war.paz, 19, chile.
A woman of color plays a lead character. There’s a trans character who’s treated respectfully. The white British dude is the immigrant with an accent, not the Asian woman. The cast is diverse. The story is interesting and fun. Moriarty is a powerful, complex female character with diverse motivations. Lucy fucking Liu is in it. There’s kick-ass mystery solving shit going on. There’s a pet turtle. Elementary is a gift to us all.
ja ja ja ja ja
a spanish person laughing or a german person during sex???
Finnish person struggling to remember what they were about to say next
polish person trying to get themself noticed
portuguese person trying to hush other people
Chinese person trying to do calculations
swedish person wanting to get out of a conversation
Dutch person sarcastically agreeing with you.
- books are your best friends, read all the books you can.
- le Monde
- online French Newsround basically
- le Figaro
- more book recs. I’m always open for trades too if you want a new book for the price of postage.
- you didn’t hear this from me but torrenting is A++++. Torrent several seasons of something you won’t get bored of, something marathonable (Simpons, Futurama, Adventure Time..silly cartoons for me) and just sit for hours watching. They speak at natural speed so after a few weeks of this I promise you the listening section of the exam (even the A2 exam) will feel frustratingly slow.
- If you have sky, channel 799 is in French
- French vloggers (i literally only know these two if anyone wants to point out more to me)
- FRENCH MUSIC
- this song comes to mind
- get a penpal, keep a diary, write stories for fun, go on omegle with “french” tagged as one of your interests, annoy the fuck out of native speakers with attempts at chatting, don’t worry about sounding wrong or stupid just do ittt.
- buy shitty grammar workbooks and work through them
- Never assume you know anything just because you “learned” it a few months ago. Constant revision.
- if you’re not sure of something, ASK. I might know, your teacher definitely does, there’s countless native speakers on tumblir willing to help etc
- lang-8 is gr8
- MEMRISE FOR VOCBULARY i will be so mad at you if you don’t join this website
- find out if there’s any French-speaking au pairs in your area and befriend them. They’re probably lonely and confused and aside from helping you with your French and them with their English, you’ll likely become great friends
- talk to yourself, narrate what you’re doing, sing along to songs, become accustomed to French coming out of your mouth
This isn’t an exhaustive list because I’m lazy and I’ve already spent 20 minutes on this. May do a better one in future, but I hope this is helpful :) You may repay me in book trades and torrent links.